Official Rules: New-Skin® Share the Outdoors Sweepstakes
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. The New-Skin® “Share The Outdoors” Sweepstakes is sponsored by Prestige Brands, Inc. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The New-Skin® “Share The Outdoors” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Prestige Brands, Inc. (“Prestige”), 90 N. Broadway, Irvington, NY 10533. The Sweepstakes Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 11, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 23, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Any entrant must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Prestige, and its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and service agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator”), and members of the immediate family (defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and individuals living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter at www.newskinproducts.com (“the Sweepstakes Website”), click on the Sweepstakes, and complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form, including selecting the Grand Prize choice you would like to win to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. Within 24 hours of submitting your entry, you will receive an e-mail via the e-mail address you provided at your time of Entry with a direct link to your personalized Sweepstakes page. You may invite friends to visit your personalized Sweepstakes page by providing the direct link. For each friend who visits your personalized Sweepstakes page and clicks on the button, you will receive one (1) additional Entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Entry per person/e-mail address via the Sweepstakes Website (“Original Entry”) during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit five (5) additional Entries per day via the personalized Sweepstakes page share (each “Friend Entry”) during the Sweepstakes Period. Prestige has the sole discretion to determine whether a submission qualifies as an Original Entry or a Friend Entry. Any submission not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entrants may not have won any previous sweepstakes prizes offered by Prestige within six (6) months prior to the start of the Sweepstakes Period. NORMAL INTERNET ACCESS AND USAGE CHARGES IMPOSED BY ENTRANT’S ONLINE SERVICE WILL APPLY. NO INFORMATION REGARDING ENTRIES OTHER THAN AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN THE OFFICIAL RULES, WILL BE DISCLOSED. ENTRANT AGREES THAT PRESTIGE MAY SEND HIM OR HER INFORMATION, SAMPLES, OR SPECIAL OFFERS IT FEELS MAY BE OF INTEREST ABOUT NEW-SKIN® OR OTHER COMPLEMENTARY BRANDS FROM PRESTIGE.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES/ODDS OF WINNING: Grand Prizes (3 total):
- A Ski Trip for two to Breckenridge, Colorado: Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for the winner and his or her guest from the major airport nearest winner’s residence (as set forth on Winner’s Original Entry) to Denver, CO, three-night accommodations at Main Street Station or similar hotel based on double occupancy and availability, four-day SUV car rental, two-day lift tickets and ski rentals and all applicable taxes. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Ski Trip is $4,650.
- A Hiking Trip for two to Yellowstone National Park: Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for the winner and his or her guest from the major airport nearest winner’s residence (as set forth on Winner’s Original Entry) to Bozeman, MT, three-night accommodations at Old Faithful Inn or similar hotel based on double occupancy and availability, four-day SUV car rental, park entrance fees, Yellowstone hiking tour and applicable taxes. The ARV of the Hiking Trip is $5,000.
- A Garden Trip for two to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens: Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for the winner and his or her guest from the major airport nearest winner’s residence (as set forth on Winner’s Original Entry) to Atlanta, GA, three-night accommodations at Loews Atlanta Hotel or similar hotel based on double occupancy and availability, four-day car rental, botanical gardens entrance fees for one day and applicable taxes. The ARV of the Garden Trip is $4,500.
Registration Prizes (500 total): A New-Skin® waterproof container. The ARV of each Registration Prize is $3.
All Prizes and Prize choice are subject to availability. Prizes will be awarded and the winners notified by e-mail and/or mail. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or transfer of Prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Prestige, which reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the event a Prize (or portion of a Prize) is unavailable. Taxes on the actual value of any Prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received for each Prize choice. Neither Prestige nor any person or entity acting on behalf of Prestige has made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, and each specifically disclaims all such warranties, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The odds of winning a Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received per prize choice. Odds of winning a Registration Prize depend on the time/date an eligible Entrant enters and the total number of eligible Entries received.
- REGISTRATION PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION: If you are one of the first 500 Entrants to complete a valid Original Entry during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be eligible to receive a Registration Prize. Registration Prize winner determination will be made by Prestige, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Registration Prize winners. All Registration Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
- JUDGING: On or about December 27, 2011 the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, will select one Grand Prize winner for each Grand Prize choice in separate witnessed random drawings from among all eligible Entries received for the applicable Grand Prize choice.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified at the e-mail address submitted at time of Entry. The potential Grand Prize winners (or parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return an executed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited by applicable law) within ten (10) days of receipt of notification, or Prize may be forfeited and another winner selected. Registration Prize winners will be automatically sent their Prizes, at the mailing address provided at time of Entry, within four to six weeks of the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No prize substitutions are allowed. Any income, sales and other taxes (and the reporting thereof) related to a Prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize winners may be required to complete certain Internal Revenue Service tax information reporting forms before receipt of a prize.
If (a) a Grand Prize notification email is returned or deemed undeliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or fails to comply with these Official Rules, and Prestige decides, in its sole discretion, that the winner has forfeited the Grand Prize, or (b) if any Grand Prize winner cannot accept his or her Prize as specified, an alternate winner of the Prize will be selected from among all remaining eligible Entries received for the applicable Grand Prize choice.
Travel/accommodations are subject to change and restrictions may apply. Prestige is not responsible for any necessary ground transportation between a winner’s home and the airport. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, airline baggage fees, taxes, tips, transfers, any additional ground transportation, trip cancellation insurance, personal purchases and all other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each Grand Prize winner.
- GENERAL RULES: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, participation constitutes permission to use the entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, voice and Original Entry submission for advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes, without compensation. Sweepstakes participation constitutes permission for Prestige to share winners’ information with any of its agents or promotional partners (for prize fulfillment and future marketing programs). Each Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion must travel together and must have valid travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID) prior to departure. Grand Prize winners’ travel companions (or Grand Prize winner, if companion is a minor) will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. If a Grand Prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, winner’s travel companion must be winner’s parent or legal guardian. Grand Prize trip must be taken within one year of date awarded, or prize will be forfeited. Certain restrictions and blackout dates apply. In the event a Grand Prize winner lives within a 150-mile radius of the location of his or her Prize destination, Prestige, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided. All Original Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Proof of entering information at the Sweepstakes Website is not considered proof of Original Entry delivery to or receipt by or on behalf of Prestige. The use of any device to automate the entry process (such as script, macro, bot) is prohibited and any such Entrant associated with fraudulent activity, whether activity is a result of an Original Entry or a Friend Entry, will be disqualified. Prestige reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes Website; violates the Official Rules or submission guidelines outlined at/on the Sweepstakes Website; or acts in an unsportsmanlike, disruptive or inappropriate manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND PRESTIGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Prestige and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, lost, late, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit ability to participate or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. Prestige reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes if it becomes technically corrupted, and determine the Prize winners from eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Prestige, which are final and binding.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/ INDEMNITY: EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS PRESTIGE, THE ADMINISTRATOR AND EACH OF THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR REPRESENTATIVES, VENDORS AND ADVERTISING OR FULFILLMENT AGENCIES AND THEIR ASSIGNS AND LICENSEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PROMOTIONAL ENTITIES”) AND THE OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS OF THE PROMOTIONAL ENTITIES, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR THE USE, ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION OF ANY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY RELEASES AND DISCHARGES THE PROMOTIONAL ENTITIES AND THEIR OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND DEMANDS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUCH PARTCIPATION, USE, ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION, OR ANY ADVERTISEMENTS OR PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS DEVELOPED USING ANY ENTRY INFORMATION. THE PROMOTIONAL ENTITIES AND THEIR OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF THE PROMOTIONAL ENTITIES AND THEIR OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZES FOR THE APPLICABLE EVENT.
- WINNER LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize winners, which will be available beginning January 20, 2012 through February 20, 2012, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
New-Skin “Share The Outdoors” Sweepstakes Winners
c/o Prestige Brands, Inc.
90 N. Broadway
Irvington, NY 10533
Attention: New Skin® Senior Brand Manager
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR PRESTIGE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.